LONGBOAT, BIRD AND CASEY KEY LUXURY CUSTOM RESIDENCE
ISLAND IDYLL, FL. AT CASEY KEY
Custom Waterfront Home Featured on Home & Design Magazine. Read more…
BIRD KEY, FL. AT SPOONBILL WAY
This home lies within an “A” flood zone, the elevation of the lot was already close to the required base flood elevation so the living floors were elevated on fill dirt with stem walls.
- This construction features concrete block to obtain a most cost effective insurance rate.
- The garage was built at the original grade.
- It has a 16’x30’ heated pool.
- The living room has a ceiling 19 foot tall.
CASEY KEY, FL.
Per guidelines and requirements of the Department of Environmental Protection, in the event of catastrophic flooding and erosion, this home has been built on top of concrete piles, so the home will remain supported by the concrete piles.
- This home has 51 concrete piles 18″ in diameter that extend to 35 feet below grade.
- The walls on the ground floor garage area are breakaway walls which are designed to fall in the event of flooding and allow large waves pass beneath the living floors above.
- The lowest living floor of this home is over 20 feet above sea level.
- This home features an elevated pool supported by concrete piles and a residential elevator with stops on all three floors.
- The walls are concrete block on all three floors in order to provide the lowest possible insurance rates.
CASEY KEY, FL. AT SEA GRAPE
This home is located in an “A” flood zone so all living areas must be built at or above the base flood elevation or BFE. In this particular case it is approximately 11 foot above sea level, the garage was built beneath the living floor which gives brings it upward to about 19 feet, about 8 feet higher than the low limit. The living floors are built above the garage areas, precisely to obtain that elevation.
- The garages have many flood vents that will allow the water to pass through if flooding occurs.
- The entire home is built with concrete block to get the best possible insurance rates.
- This home features an elevator.
- The pre-existing seawall was rebuilt and a new dock was built.
- It has a 16’ x 30’ heated pool with an automatic safety cover.
LONGBOAT KEY, FL. AT CONRAD BEACH
This home lies within an “A” flood zone so the garages were placed beneath the living floor. The design creates large amounts of storage on the ground floor.
- The construction is built with concrete block which minimizes insurance rates.
- The home has a metal roof.
- A shaft for a future elevator was built in this home, it serves as a closet on both floors.
- The floors of the closet can be removed when and if an elevator is installed.